Current and Museum Release Wines
2019 Samuel Bailey
A cabernet sauvignon, merlot and
cabernet franc blend, hand picked and fermented together. This
is our premium blend and has vibrant colour and classic berry
2018 Reserve Chardonnay
This vintage presented a superb, classic
varietal with intense mineral characteristics and good oak,
fruit and acid balance. This wine will
cellar for many years.
2017 Reserve Verdelho
Verdelho has become a signature for the
Granite Belt. This is a wonderful example of this grape and
has intense tropical fruit flavours and balanced acidity that
are mellowing with cellar age. It is a wine made to serve with
poultry or fresh Mooloolaba prawns.
2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
We had devastating hail storms on Christmas day. As fruit was lost or damaged we have made only a Cabernet. It
has aged into a fine wine with excellent berry flavours.
Very late harvest, very high baume. It was fermented in a mixture of French and American oak. The fruit was outstanding and the use of good oak should produce another great wine.
* Gold Medal Class 9 New England Wine show 2009
* Trophy for Best Young Red Wine of the Show New England Wine Show 2009
2008 Reserve Shiraz
A special barrel of our 2008 shiraz was
selected by the winemaker to be bottled under the reserve
label. The wine has all the spice and fruit expected from
shiraz and has added complexity from barrel aging.
It is now at its peak.
A wonderful shiraz now at its peak.
* Wine State
magazine Australian Wines of the year 2010
England Wine Show 2008 Bronze
* Queensland Wine Awards 2008 Bronze
Winestate Magazine best of 2009 Annual 2010 Edition
England Wine Show 2014 Museum red variety or blend Silver
The Samuel Bailey 2007
A reduced crop was effected by both the extremely cold start to the season with snow and frosts in November, then stressed by the drought. However, it has produced intense flavours. The wine was fermented in new French and American oak barrels purchased specially for this premium wine. it has won many awards, and only a year ago a best in class at a Dan Murphy wine show demonstrates just how well it has matured.
* Winestate Magazine: Best of 2009 Annual Edition 2010 4.5 stars
* Queensland Wine Awards 2009 Bronze
* Australian Small Winemakers Class 44 2008 Bronze
* New England Wine Show 2008 Silver
* Cowra Wine Show 2009 Class 76 Bronze
* Wine State magazine 4 1/2
* Cowra Wine Show 2010 Class 34 Silver
* Australian Small Winemakers 2010 Class 45 Silver
* Dan Murphy's Highland Vineyards Wine Show 2013 Best of Class and Silver
Stirling Mountain Vintage 2007 Fortified Shiraz
We picked a small quantity of very ripe shiraz late in May for a vintage fortified shiraz. It is outstanding as is about to be bottled for release over the next 2 decades.
* Australian Small Winemakers 2009 bronze
* New England Wine Show 2009 Class 19 bronze
2006 Samuel Bailey
An award winning Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend.
We still have museum stocks of this wine. It spent 18
months in one year old French oak barrels and won medals at
its first release. It is fully developed into a complex, aged
berry fruit wine perfect fora dinner of roast beef or grilled